Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Sanguine Count/Pagan Warmoon--Ancient Hate Follow It's Path (Digital) (2026 Independent)


This is an obscure split of raw black metal played in the early Norwegian tradition. Three songs from each band are offered up on the altar of death. I'm not sure if Sanguine Count is programming their drums, but they're a bit sloppy at slower tempos. I really like the guitar sound and vocals, however. Truly grim shit, and worth a listen if you don't mind metal that's rough around the edges and you can see the potential in a band. Get ready to turn the volume way up after those songs are over, because Pagan Warmoon's half of the split is seriously under-produced and low in volume. There's some good material here, and the songs are interesting. The vocals are completely fried out, being all distortion, which effect I could do without. I just want to hear those growls and howls without it being overdriven. This isn't anything you haven't heard before, but there are some interesting songs and textures by both bands on this split, and I do recommend it for the serious black metal fan. I think the material is good enough to warrant a physical release, if a label or either band feel like stepping up and paying for it. All good metal needs to be put to tape at the very least! 



No comments:

Post a Comment