Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Interview with Krist Guitarist for Molok

 1.Helle Krist how are you doing this week? Please introduce yourself to the readers?

Hello everyone, my name is Krist. I am a member of the band Molok, I am 33 years old, and I live in Río Gallegos (Argentina). I handle all the songwriting, play guitar and bass, and program the drums.


2.When did you first discover black metal music and what is it that drew you to this genre of music?

The first time I started listening to black metal was around 2011, back when I was playing in a death metal band. My friends and I used to hang out to listen to music, and the first band I heard was Mayhem. At that moment, I said to myself, "What the hell is this? So raw and dark." It was a feeling of not knowing what it was about, but at the same time understanding everything.

From then on, I started finding more bands in the genre and immersing myself in its history and what it wanted to convey. I think it was the fact that with so little, with just the basics, it transmitted so much to you, and that made it impossible for me to stop listening to it.


3.Who were the first bands and artists that you listened to? Who are some of the current bands that have caught your attention?

The first metal band I listened to was Rammstein; it was the band that introduced me to the world of metal. From there, I started listening to many more bands like SOAD, Korn, and then I jumped to Death Metal with Six Feet Under, Cannibal Corpse, and Death, until I found Black Metal with Burzum, Mayhem, and Gorgoroth.

4.When did you first become interested in writing and playing music? Were you self taught when first starting out or did you take lessons?

The first time I started experimenting with recording music was in 2016 when I recorded a couple of black metal tracks on my own. I was always self-taught; I only took guitar lessons in my adolescence and bass lessons. From there, I set out on my own to experiment and practice. As for recording, I just dived in to experiment and see what would come out of it.


5.I know you play the bass and the guitars who would you say are your biggest influences and favorite guitarist and bassists? Besides the bass and guitars do you currently play any other instruments?Are their any you would like to learn to play someday?

My biggest influence and the one who made me get into stringed instruments is Richard Kruspe, guitarist of Rammstein. At 13 or 14 years old, I started taking lessons to play his songs; his band was the precursor to my musical career. Then, at 17, I started playing the bass thanks to Fieldy from Korn; his playing style and sound hooked me, and I wanted to learn too.


6.Molok was started in 2024 when did you first get the idea to start this band? Are you satisfied with how things have gone so far with the band?

The band came about one day when I started practicing guitar on my computer. I recorded a couple of demos and added drums to see how it sounded. Then I showed it to a relative who is also a musician, and he told me I should put vocals on it and upload it as a demo because it was great. After that, I wrote to a friend with whom I had tried to start a band several times, but due to different reasons, we could never make it happen. So I told him that this project was going to be just the two of us and that he should handle the vocals. From that moment on, I started writing songs until our first release in 2024. Today, with our second album already on streaming platforms, I can say I am extremely satisfied. I do what I like, and people seem to like it too, which fills me with pride and motivation to keep composing.


7.Who would you say are the bands biggest influences? For the readers who have never Molok's music how would you best describe it?

When I composed the first songs for Molok, I sought to recreate that dark yet aggressive sound of Gorgoroth, my biggest influence on my first demo. I wanted to pay tribute to that sound from the early albums and expand its influence.



8.I believe Molok is a two man band would you like to add more members to make a full line up or do you prefer working as a duo?

For the time being, we are keeping it this way due to time constraints and convenience, since we both have our jobs and other responsibilities, leaving us with little time to work on the band. This way, it makes it much more feasible to put songs together whenever we have free time. Later on, we will look to play live, and when the time comes, we will have to look for other members for the concerts.


9.Cosmogonia Infernal is the debut full length how long did it take to write the music for the debut? How long would you say it usually takes to complete one song?

Our second album, released in June 2026, took 1 year of composition. In the middle of it, we released 2 singles that would later be included in it. Generally, each song takes about a month and a half of preparation to get it 100% how we like it—sometimes more, sometimes less. We take our time with each track, and some were even re-recorded.

10.Where do you draw inspiration for the lyrics and what are some subjects written about on the debut?

Our lyrics are handled by the infernal poet Goat Holocaust. We try to convey darkness and power—a rebellion against the ordinary, against religion and life's rules, an escape from that reality that seeks so much to degrade the human mind.



11.I believe Cosmogonia Infernal is a digital only release are their plans to do a physical release soon?

That's right. In a few days, we will be releasing our physical format in a box set with various merch. It will include a poster, stickers, and magnets with images from the album for the first 30 units.


12.Would you guys like to find a label to work with or do you prefer to self release your own matierial?

Yes! Of course. As long as it is for the benefit of the band, it will be welcome. We want our music to reach more people who share our passion.

13.Besides working in Molok do either of you work with other bands or solo projects? If yes please tell the readers a little about them?

Only me, Krist, for the moment. I am in another War Metal project playing guitar alongside some friends. We have only done one track so far, and another is in progress. The band is called "Supremacía del Culto a la Guerra."


14.Molok comes out of Argentina's black metal scene what are your thoughts on the black metal scene in Argentina?

The black metal scene in Argentina is still quite active. Bands like Espiritismo carry the banner in our country. In my city, there was also a period with several black metal bands that marked a before and after. The southern region of the country has several bands worth listening to.

15.Who are your all-time favorite bands coming out of Argentina and are theire any new bands you could recomend to the readers?

A band I listened to a lot in my adolescence was Mastifal, a death metal band from Argentina. Then there are Almafuerte and Hermética as classics of Argentine heavy metal.


16.What does black metal mean to you?

I think each person sees black metal in a different way: an escape, a revolution, a lifestyle, or a search for something more. In my case, it was a bit of all of those. One always shapes it into what they need for their life. I found a way to be myself, to break through that barrier that society imposes—a endless world.


17.Thank you Krist for taking the time to fill this interview out do you have any final words for the readers?

Thank you very much for this opportunity and for taking the time to write to us to request our information. We thank everyone who has shown interest in Molok. We will keep making more music to share what we love. As long as more bands emerge, the movement will always remain alive!        Molok                                                                                                                                                            https://molok21.bandcamp.com/                                                                                                                    https://molok.com.ar/                                                                                                                                    https://www.instagram.com/molok.bm/                                                                                                        https://www.youtube.com/@Molok-f1r     

                                                                        


No comments:

Post a Comment